Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reconnecting with an old friend....

.... so a few blog posts ago, I talked about how grateful I was for my PD friends and how I had lost touch/had a falling out with a great friend here in WI. Well I reached out to her right after that, and we started talking again! We sorted things out, both admitted our faults in the situation, and had a great phone conversation. We decided to meet up a week later for dinner and dinner was awesome! Each of our lives have changed dramatically in the past year, but we were able to chat the night away like no time was lost. I feel like that is a quality of a true friendship. I am so glad I took the chance to contact her. So many times I wont do something because I am scared of the outcome, feeling like it is not going to be a good one. But it is so true, you never know until you do the thing you are scared of, it just may work out the way you wanted it to all along.

2 comments:

*Bee* said...

Good for you, Lea! It is really hard to make the first step like that, but I'm glad it all turned out well.

Rsgrl said...

I'm so glad you decided to reach out to her. That takes some guts and I'm glad it worked out well!