Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Destined for a "mommy" suit?

So Brody and I went to mommy and me swim today. It was great! Brody took to the water like a fish - his first time in the pool and no tears or fear or anything negative. Except maybe my body image. OK, maybe is an understatement. More like definitely my body image. I am getting ready and I go to put on my swim-suit circa 2008 pre-pregnancy = FAIL! There are rolls in the small of my back on each side and my c-section area just does not look right, more like a bowl full of jelly. Now I am back to my pre-preg weight, but I was up about 10 lbs more than usual when I got pregnant anyways, but I digress. So, second attempt - my speedo from training for and swimming in a triathlon = FAIL. Things were bulging out and the suit barely covered my newly shaped chest area. YUCK. So back to the pre-preg bikini - with a tank top over it. Yep, that is what I wore to the pool today. Luckily there were only 5 other famlies in this massive waterpark all of which were moms, all of which were wearing very mom-ish bathing suits. So am I destined to be banned to the mommy suits and tankini racks? I guess only time will tell. My love of pizza, popcorn, and ice cream is not helping matters much.

*sigh*

Off to scope out a new bathing suit on-line, as we have another mommy and me swim next tuesday and I really want to go, and I really want to leave the tank top at home.

5 comments:

Becky said...

i hear you 100% i have a maternity bathing suit/tankini style and i wore it once about a month after Nich was born, i just can't put on a normal bathing suit either!! My stomache just doesn't looke right, yuck!!!!

Annie said...

I have so been there! Well I'm still there every summer. I totally recommend the Newport News Shape FX. They have built in shapers that pull you in very nicely and smooth all the bumps & they come in cute colors & styles. Good luck! I feel for you!

Annie said...

Seriously - thank you for adding our button to your blog! You are a great friend!

Leannabanna said...

No problem, Annie! I love your stuff, those headbands make me want another baby - a girl! And those suits from Nepwort News are awesome! I am going to order one next week!

Unknown said...

It's so hard Lea. I look in the mirror and I don't even recognize my own body. You'd think with all the heavy lifting of a baby and the running around we'd be thin and toned. I am determined to get into a regular bathing suit next summer.