Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We're going green!

So we have made the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle around here. Not just for us, but for the planet as well!
I guess when it comes to Brody, we were already on the healthy lifestyle road. I considered my self a part-time crunchy mama. I am a baby wearer  (I wear him in my organic cotton Lovely Dud Wrap.).  I make his baby food.
It is as easy (literally) as 1,2,3!
1) Steam Veggie/Fruit
2) Puree said food.
3) Store and feed!
and he eats organic applesauce (no sugar added) and Yo Baby!   yogurt from Stonyfield Farms.

Well a few weeks ago after watching Food, Inc. we decided we had to get healthier about our eating habits and choices as well. So we started slowly going organic. Oh my gosh, the biggest difference I can tell is the taste of apples. They taste so fresh!

Well now we are going to {try} to switch to cloth diapers. We are going with Bumgenius and I just got 6 for 40 bucks! (They would be 120 normally!) and with some great advice from really awesome mommies, I feel like we are ready to give it a try. If we like it I will order more (I know we need at LEAST 6 more!)

Here's to a healthier {for us and the planet} lifestyle!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the 'smartipants' diapers, similare to bum's but brand new only about $14 a diaper. I used to use them all the time, but i recently stopped. Nick's growing so fast that i just dont' have enought bigger size clothes to put him in when he's wearing the cloth diapers. He also has a fit and trim belly but bigger thighs so i couldn't get a good fit with these diapers. I'mg hoping once he starts crawling/walking and his thighs get trimmer they will fit him better. Clother diapers are easy to sell used on line so if i dont' end up using them again i'm ok, but i hate, hate throwing away so many disposable diapers a day, and of course buying them. good luck and let us know how you like them. P.s A diaper/poor sprayer hooked up to your toilet is a MUST HAVE, it makes cleaning hte poop so easy!