Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can't believe it -


It says Pregnant!

So I woke up yesterday to a huge temp spike- I know it was only 10 DPO, but I took a HPT yesterday and I thought I saw a line, but wasn't sure - it was so faint. So this morning, I took another one and there was another line - faint again. But def a line. So I confirmed with a digital and almost died of shock when "pregnant" popped up!! It took all of my self control in the world not to scream. (It was 6am) But Corey was still asleep , just about to wake up and get in the shower and I wanted to tell him like I always planned. So I quick got in the car and raced to the grocery store (in my pj's still) and asked the only person I could find to blow up a congrats balloon. I took 2 flower cards ( that go in bouquets) and they said "its a girl" and " its a boy" so I wrote on them... is it a mini pingers? or mini dingers? (our nicknames) and put that on the shelf in our bathroom. On the bed I tied the balloon to a stuffed turtle on our bed and put a bunch of onesies I got ( "I love my daddy" and turtle ones - we have a thing for turtles) in a gift bag with my pg test in a gift box.... When he got out of the shower he got the cards and was like "WHAT?, DO we have a bun???!!!!" I started crying and he started tearing up and doing a happy dance around the room. Its so surreal. I went to the doctor already ( advantage of being diabetic) and they really didn't tell me anything I don't already know. I have to go in with FMU tomorrow so they can confirm :) I have an appt on Nov 19th with the high risk team of doctors and surgeons. I am thrilled, scared, and being very cautious right now.

Corey didn't even fully want to believe it was true until I took another test tonight. So we got home from work I took another cheapie test - very faint line again - he said he didn't see it. So I took another digital. Again it popped up pregnant. Wow.


So here goes our journey of pregnancy for the next nine months and me being a pregnant diabetic.....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Surprising Corey!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I had to make sure :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4weeks 1day pg! Lovely bloat!

4 comments:

Janine said...

OMG! I am soooooooo happy for you! Congratulations! I missed your post on GP. I am sending bucket loads of stickey baby dust your way!!!! Congrats again :)

Leannabanna said...

Thanks girl :)

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

Awww, your story made me tear up :) Congrats again!

Leannabanna said...

Thanks Lovf!