Tuesday, January 6, 2009

15 weeks and my little navel orange!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Wow 15 weeks are here and only 175 more days to go! Yay! I am beyond excited to be at this point. 2nd week of my 2nd tri :) And feeling more and more pregnant every day! I know that Bun is only the size of an orange, but my baby belly is growing more and more. Each day is different though, sometimes my bump is more pronounced and other times, I still just look like I had one too many hostess cupcakes :)


Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements.


I swear sometimes, and this just started this week, that I feel something in there. It literally feels like a butterfly fluttering - it only happens about twice a day, and it really subtle, but its like nothing I have ever felt before, so I don't really know.

We bought our Nursery Furniture this weekend. I am in love with it! Here it is:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The crib is awesome, it converts from crib, to toddler bed, to big kid bed! I can't wait till the 28th, that is when we find out the sex and will begin painting the room and getting the carpets shampooed, and setting everything up. You may be saying - woah, that so early, well I will be about 20 weeks by then 1/2 way there and I just want to have it done and ready for anything :)

Along other lines, my MRI came back normal. Which is great news. I was really scared about that. Now I we are just awaiting the spinal tap/lumbar puncture procedure to be scheduled, and hopefully we can move beyond this. My OB said if I do have a problem with pressure in the spinal cord or on the brain (from Cerebral Spinal Fluid) then we would just have to monitor it closely throughout the pregnancy and when it comes time for labor, they will just give me a very very strong version of the epidural and let the labor and delivery happen as naturally as possible without me having to push much (we are avoiding a c-section at all costs- it is healthier for the baby of a diabetic mom to be delivered the old-fashioned way) She also said that they will induce me, most likely, at 39 weeks. So that means that I will be having my baby around June 25-28th :)

Here are some 15 weeks pics:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And my New Years Resoulution are: 1. Keep in better touch with friends and family and 2. Get organized!

Oh and I forgot to add. The results of our 1st tri screens came back NORMAL !!!!! The gentic counsler said that I have a lower than the average woman my age risk of having a baby with a chromosomal disorder. She gave me the exact numbers 1 in 16,000 something for one of the tests and 1 in 25,000 something for the other. Bun - your doing great!!

3 comments:

Rsgrl said...

I love the nursery furniture! It is beautiful. That rocks that you are feeling bun fluttering around in there. I can't wait for that!

L said...

Yay 15 weeks!
So cool about feeling the flutters:) Love the nursery furniture & Yay for good nt results!

Becky said...

The furniture looks gorgeous! I started looking for some some. There's so much to choose from! I want to get everything early too!